The Northwood girls' ice hockey program is focused on each player's development over the course of their hockey career at Northwood. With a practice to game ratio of 2:1, players have the opportunity to improve every day in high-intensity practices and compete against some of the best teams in North America.
What makes us elite:
- Accredited independent school with college counseling placement to select schools
- Located in the world-renown destination of Lake Placid, New York
- Home training rink is the Olympic Training Center, home to the Miracle on Ice
- US Women’s Olympic Team locker room (Girls’ team)
- Experienced full-time coaches supporting and educating families on the college process
- Year-round training approach with ample access to ice, fitness center and video
- Extensive game schedule focusing on top competitors and college exposure, September-April
- A focus on success both in the classroom and on road supported by a flexible schedule, advisors, asynchronous teaching model and technology platform
- Advanced curriculum with place-based learning
- Two-hours from Albany and Montreal and five hours from NYC, Toronto, and Boston
The hockey team plays a 45-50 game schedule, competing against other prep schools, junior hockey programs, and club teams. The team is a member of the North American Prep Hockey Association (NAPHA) and also competes as a USA Hockey 19U Tier-I tournament-bound team.
The girls' program has had success on the ice against other prep schools and club teams throughout the years. Alumni have enjoyed impressive playing careers at the university, professional, and international level.
Attending Northwood and being a part of the girls' hockey team is a unique opportunity. The team trains at the Olympic Center in Lake Placid and utilizes the fitness center on Northwood's campus for off-ice workouts. Northwood offers student-athletes a chance to pursue their goals on the ice at the highest level while also having a challenging, supportive, and personalized academic experience.