The Alumni Council, comprised of Northwood School alumni, supports the School and its strategic plan, helping to advance and secure Northwood's position as a leading independent boarding school, while preserving its core values and traditions. The Alumni Council is largely considered to be a training ground for future members of the Board of Trustees. The Council promotes dialogue among alumni, students, faculty, administration and the Board of Trustees, on issues of importance to the welfare of the School. It actively develops and supports programs and events, on and off campus, to increase alumni engagement in the life of the School. Members of the Alumni Council are expected to play a major role in furthering the mission of the school, as clearly defined by its character, tradition, and quality of education.
To champion a lifelong relationship between Northwood School and its alumni.
Alumni that fosters a sense of community while instilling a lifelong commitment to our alma mater.
The Alumni Council has set the following goals for its membership:
• Host “Alumni Exchange”: A tele-town hall style meeting hosted by Head of School Mike Maher and introduced by the Alumni Council will take place once each trimester. These talks will be called Alumni Exchange: A community conversation.
• Unveil Hub Talks: The Alumni Council will also help to orchestrate three Hub Talks held at the Innovation Hub, one per trimester. Hub Talks will be modeled after the popular Ted Talks format and feature alumni, parents, industry leaders and others.
• Recruit Class Agents: In addition to building up their own membership, the Alumni Council will also help to recruit and build out the class agent structure by focusing on filling vacancies in classes that will celebrate a reunion in 2021 (those classes ending in 0,1,5 & 6). Alumni Council members can be Class Agents as well.
• Boost Events: The Alumni Council is committed to work on one event each year and this year they will help to increase attendance at Reunion.
• Financial Commitment: Consistent with most board membership, Alumni Council members are expected to participate annually in the Northwood Fund at the 1905 Society Level ($1,905+). This will include the existing sliding scale for GOLD alums (graduates of the last decade), with a $100 threshold for members 1-5 years out and $250 threshold for members 6-10 years out.
For more information or to be considered for Alumni Council membership, send an email to Stephanie Gates, Director of Advancement Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.