Northwood Gives Back
Students and faculty at Northwood School are widely involved in a number of community service efforts in Lake Placid and the surrounding tri-lakes area. The faculty-led and student driven organization, CARE, leads a number of the service efforts on campus. Additional opportunities are available for community members through their teams and weekend offerings. Giving back and doing one's part to make the world a better place is interwoven into the Northwood experience and each student has ample opportunities to find the area of service that is the right fit for them.
Community service efforts in the past have included:
- PINK THE RINK - fundraiser to raise money for cancer research
- Local school visits to connect with area youth education organizations
- Supporting participants with a support station for local marathon and Ironman races
- JEANS for TEENS - Denim drive for homeless teens
- Fundraising for Families First and North Elba Christmas Fund
These are just a sampling of the many ways in which members of the Northwood community give back. At Northwood whatever your interests are there is certain to be an arena for you to find a way to be a positive influence in the community.